Position now closed
CBI Technical Manager Position
Location Brussels, Belgium preferred
Contract Initial contract 18 months
Hours 35 (full time)
The Consortium for Battery Innovation (CBI), a rapidly growing global battery research consortium, is seeking candidates for an 18-month position as CBI Technical Manager, preferably based in Brussels, Belgium.
The successful candidate will have excellent scientific knowledge, ideally including battery technologies, in addition to strong communications and interpersonal skills. The candidate is expected to efficiently manage a diverse portfolio of technical activities working independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics).
- Experience with battery technologies.
- Candidate must also demonstrate the ability to summarize and communicate scientific work to a range of different audiences (both technical and non-technical).
- PhD in a scientific field (physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics).
- Experience with lead battery technology research.
- Technical Research – support Senior Technical Manager directly with research program and energy storage demonstration projects, attend meetings, and provide assistance as needed to the research project teams.
- Standards and Testing – support CBI Senior Technical Manager and ensure continued progress in developing and promoting consistent standards and battery testing requirements via work through a Standards and Testing Committee.
- Marketing and Communications – provide technical support to CBI Communications and Digital Manager to support the social media strategy promoting innovation into lead batteries.
- Technical support promoting lead battery research and innovation to relevant European stakeholders. This will involve attending a range of meetings and presenting on lead battery innovation and the work of CBI.
- Support for work of related Associations and initiatives (International Lead Association (ILA), Charge the Future (CtF) and Battery Council International (BCI) - to ensure cohesive messaging with related industry organizations through regular committee participation and ongoing communication.
- Promote the work of CBI through external conferences and meetings – this includes supporting CBI Communications and Digital Manager developing technical conference marketing materials, staffing conference booths, promoting conference media opportunities for approximately 5 conferences and/or workshops a year at domestic and international locations.
- Representation of CBI on relevant European committees and organizations such as the European Association for Storage of Energy (EASE) and Batteries European Partnership Association (BEPA).
This role will involve regular European travel.
The salary and benefits package will be commensurate with education and experience.
The Consortium for Battery Innovation is a global innovation hub which supports cutting-edge pre-competitive research and promotion of innovation in lead battery technology. The consortium includes more than 100 member companies and organizations worldwide, consisting of lead producers, battery manufacturers, battery users, materials suppliers and research institutions.
The candidate would be joining a vibrant and dedicated team, with staff in Brussels, North Carolina and London. More information can be found here: https://batteryinnovation.org/
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and cover letter to Dr Alistair Davidson, Director of CBI (email@example.com) by Friday 5th March 2021.
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, color, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.