We are hiring a Research & Innovation Manager based in North Carolina – Position Closed
About the job
CBI Research and Innovation Manager Position
Location Durham, North Carolina preferred
Contract Initial contract 18 months
Hours 35 (full time)
The Consortium for Battery Innovation, a rapidly growing global battery research consortium, is seeking candidates for an 18-month position as CBI Research and Innovation to be based at its North American office in Durham, North Carolina.
The successful candidate will have excellent scientific knowledge, ideally including battery technologies, in addition to strong communications and interpersonal skills. The candidate is expected to efficiently manage a diverse portfolio of technical activities working independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics)
- Experience with battery technologies
- Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to summarize and communicate scientific work to a range of different audiences (both technical and non-technical).
- PhD in a scientific field (physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics)
- Experience with submitting and managing government funded projects, e.g. US Department of Energy projects
- Experience with lead battery technology research
- Government funded projects - Support current CBI work with determining best funding opportunities for lead battery projects. Coordinating input into CBI funding proposals from CBI technical staff, CBI members and end users. Represent CBI in discussion with key funding agencies
- Technical Research – support Senior Technical Manager and Senior Research and Innovation Manager directly with CBI research program and energy storage demonstration projects, attend meetings, and provide assistance as needed to the research project teams.
- Standards and Testing – support CBI Senior Technical Manager and ensure continued progress in developing and promoting consistent standards and battery testing requirements
- Marketing and Communications – provide technical support to CBI Communications Manager to support the social media strategy promoting innovation into lead batteries.
- Support for work of related associations and initiatives (International Lead Association (ILA), Battery Council International (BCI), European Association of European Automotive and Industrial Battery Manufacturers (EUROBAT)) to ensure cohesive messaging with related industry organizations through regular committee participation and ongoing communication.
- Promote the work of CBI through external conferences and meetings – this includes supporting CBI Communications Manager developing technical conference marketing materials, staffing conference booths, promoting conference media opportunities for approximately 5 conferences and/or workshops a year at domestic and international locations.
This role will involve regular North American, European and Asian travel.
The salary and benefits package will be commensurate with education and experience.
The Consortium for Battery Innovation is a global innovation hub which supports cutting-edge pre-competitive research and promotion of innovation in lead battery technology. The consortium includes more than 100 member companies and organizations worldwide, consisting of lead producers, battery manufacturers, battery users, materials suppliers and research institutions.
The candidate would be joining a vibrant and dedicated team, with offices in Brussels, North Carolina, and London. More information can be found here.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16, 2022.
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, color, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.